YASHed HENNAdelphia VIDITIcakelings: Read on to know what these are!
Well, it was one of our Guest Bloggers 21st Birthday this month! And we as hard core foodies have to ensure that she has the most 'food- filled' year ahead. Let the 'food spree' commence right on her 21st! So, we replaced the very conventional 'Birthday Cake' with 'Cakelings'. And well, our birthday girl simply loves Baked Philadelphia Cheesecake, she is hooked! So, here's presenting to you our version of the DIY Baked Philadelphia Cheesecake at home! A big big thank you to Lady Kha Kha of Fame Food (Amrita Rana) www.lifekirecipe.com for this amazing recipe!
All you need is:
Buy Silicone Cupcake Moulds
1 small packet of McVities Digestive Biscuits
1/4 cup melted butter
1 package Philadelphia Cream Cheese (8 oz)
2/3 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
A Sprinkle of Lemon Zest
Lemon juice from 1/4th of a Lemon
When Yash Merchant and Henna Shah get together on a baking mission to bake the World's best Cheesecakeling for Viditi Patrawala- 'YASHed HENNAdelphia VIDITIcakelings' are born!
1) Crush 12 McVities Digestive Biscuits. They should be coarsely ground.
2) Mix the crushed biscuits with butter. Preferably mix using your hands.
3) Tightly pack the crushed biscuits in the silicone cupcake mould such that it can form the biscuit base of the cheesecakeling.
4) Freeze the mould in the refrigerator to make the base firm till you make the Cheesecakeling batter. Also, at this stage pre- heat the oven at 200 deg cel.
5) Take the entire package of Philadelhpia Cream Cheese. It has to be softened and at room temperature. Put it in a huge bowl.
6) Put the castor sugar, an egg and the vanilla extract.
7) Sprinkle some lemon zest but be careful that only the yellow part is put inside and not the white part. Also, the zest has a very strong flavour so do not put a lot of it. When you squeeze out the lemon juice be extremely careful that no seeds fall in. Be very careful with the quantities of the zest and the lemon juice unless you want to metamorphose your cheesecakeling into a lemon cheesecakeling!
8) Now whisk with all your force. If you want to save the extra efforts then use an electric whisk!
9) Pour the filling into the cupcake moulds such that they are 3/4th full.
10) Put the Silicone Cupcake mould in the oven at 190 deg cel for about 15- 20 minutes. The Cakelings will tumefy when in the oven and may even develop cracks on the surface. But do not worry. It will all settle when it's out. Just avoid too much browning of the cakelings.
11) After baking wait for it to come down to room temperature.
12) Chill them in the refrigerator for atleast 45 minutes.
13) Be careful in scooping out the cakelings from the mould as the Cheesecake part and the biscuit base may separate at times if you are not careful. Neatly place them in the Cupcake Linings and you're good to go!
These cakelings are love at first bite and nothing short of divine!