Restaurants in Ahmedabad | Places to Eat at in India
Gujaratis are often know for their faafdas, ghantiyas and khakhras but in Ahmedabad, Gujarat you will find more than just authentic Gujarati delicacies.
Here is a list of 6 Unconventional Places that you must visit in Ahmedabad to get a feel of the city’s culture and experience it to the fullest:
- Bogarosa, Bodakdev – A Multicuisine all day casual dining restaurant which is representative of the modern Gujarati youth. Their eggs to order are brilliant and make for an amazing brunch! My other personal favourites are their Roman Sensation Pasta Sizzler and the Cappuccino.
- Seva Café, CG Road – A café that runs on Gift Economy as your meal is already paid for. If you feel like, you too can gift a meal to your successor who may visit the café after you. All the attendants in this café are volunteers and there is only happiness and positivity all around. More than the food, one should visit the café for the experience of it.
- Food Truck Park, Opp. Karnavati Club – If you’re tired of the quintessential Manek Chowk and Law Garden Street food then give the Food Truck Park a try. Especially if it is late in the night and all the other restaurants are shut then this place can be your savior as it is open beyond midnight. I would say that it is a non-vegetarian’s delight, however, for vegetarians like us there are a few things worth trying. The Bad Ass Burger was indeed a bad ass as it was too messy to eat however it was delicious. We also had some Parathas on a cool winter evening followed by some Kullad Chai at a stall right outside the Food Truck Park.
- Vishalla, Vasna – You can’t come to Gujarat and leave without having a Gujarati Thaali. Vishalla is a very popular outdoor Thaali restaurant especially during the colder months and has been visited by many a celebrities. Since the place is a Swaminarayan organization, the food is made without onion and garlic. They serve simple food, which is really tasty in a rural setting. I would suggest going there during lunch so that you can also explore the place a little and enjoy being in a rustic environment for sometime before getting back into the hustle bustle of the city.
- Lollo Rosso, Vastrapur – The concept of a One Bowl Meal reminds me of my America Days and will surely bring a smile on all our faces who love Mexican as well as Oriental food. The outlet is a dainty little one in Vastrapur and you could also pick up your bowl meal from here. The Mexican Fajita Meal was really good and filling. I could not get a chance to try out their desserts however they seemed to be tempting.
- Patang, Riverfront – A Multicuisine Revolving Restaurant, Patang gives you the top view of Ahmedabad city. You must visit this place if you live in Ahmedabad or come here very often just for the experience. A revolution in this revolving restaurant takes about 90 minutes to complete. The food here is pretty average and also the approach road and the reception area are not that impressive. The buffet spread is large and has a lot of variety but I surely think their food needs to improve
considering the hotel is now managed by the Hospitality tycoons in Gujarat, the Bhagwati Group.
For More Information on restaurants in Ahmedabad you can visit http://www.hungrito.com/